Loch Long Salmon respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. It applies to all individuals who access our website at lochlongsalmon.com. We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed.
What personal information does Loch Long Salmon collect when you visit our Website and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you when you visit our website broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
We collect personal information that you provide voluntarily through our Website, for example when completing online forms to contact us or register for events that we are organising. The information we collect about you may include some or all of the following:
- Name and job title;
- Company or organisation;
- Contact information, including email address and telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to client surveys or similar research;
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us.
- If we ask you to provide any other personal information not described above, the personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point that you are asked to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain personal information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification number, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further in our Cookie Notice which can be accessed through our website.
When and with whom might Loch Long Salmon share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us;
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- To a person you have given us your consent to disclose to.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you, or may need to process personal information in order to exercise, establish or defend legal claims.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences, if any, if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information (including any legitimate interests relied upon), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How does Loch Long Salmon keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Our Website servers are located in Ireland. However, when we collect your personal information it may be processed in countries that may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that the personal information we process will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice when transferred internationally, including when processed internationally by our third party service providers and partners. If you have questions about, or need further information concerning, international data transfers, please send an email to email@example.com
We will retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have questions about, or need further information concerning, our data retention periods, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please email email@example.com
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; and
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- We respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, which will be consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org